Welcome to Cruise Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Cruise Harbor

The friendliest forum on the web for people who love to cruise. Discuss cruise ships, ports of call and all aspects of cruising. Plus, take part in special sailings and get great rates on your next cruise.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HarborMaster
Admin
HarborMaster

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitime23rd June 2009, 8:51 am

Hi Susan and Welcome to Cruise Harbor!!

River Cruising is an exciting niche to focus on right now!!! I wish you all the very best!
Back to top Go down
https://cruiseharbor.forumotion.net
mcmanders99

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitime23rd June 2009, 12:43 pm

HarborMaster wrote:
Hi Susan and Welcome to Cruise Harbor!!

River Cruising is an exciting niche to focus on right now!!! I wish you all the very best!

Thanks so much for your welcome. I've thought of niches for awhile and the River Cruising seems to fit me but at the moment it is also under-served. There are all kinds of ways to look at a river cruise adventure.

A river cruise in Europe, for example, could be reached either by taking a Transatlantic cruise or by taking a flight. You can cruise to your cruise, then cruise back home cheers

Some cruises are good for combining itineraries, so that you could sail 14 days on a 7 day route, or you can combine routes that have a common port at certain times of the year. You also can extend your cruise on land.

When going to and touring in Europe, instead of taking a bus guided tour program, you can take a cruise. Your cabin is your hotel room for the duration, and you only unpack once. On river cruises, land is on both sides and visible to the ship, so that you have a changing view out the large windows and outdoor activity areas. Every morning wake up at a different port of call and be in the center of a town, ready to take in the sights and the history.

River cruise itineraries are small in comparison to ocean cruises. Instead of 1400 passengers you may be one of only 140. That way, you not only get to see the sights and partake in the meals without the crowd hassle, but you also get to meet and be friends with the crew members and program participants. The cruise amenities include local wines and gourmet meals, guided tours, and ship-board local entertainment. Never out of the water, and never far from land, gives you the best of both cruising worlds. Photo taking opportunities abound from ship and shore.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Cruise Harbor :: Cruise Harbor Topics :: River Cruising-
Jump to: