Welcome to Cruise Harbor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Cruise Harbor

The friendliest forum on the web for people who love to cruise. Discuss cruise ships, ports of call and all aspects of cruising. Plus, take part in special sailings and get great rates on your next cruise.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carnival Sensation 3/29/09

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HarborMaster
Admin
HarborMaster

Carnival Sensation 3/29/09 Empty
PostSubject: Carnival Sensation 3/29/09   Carnival Sensation 3/29/09 Icon_minitime3rd May 2009, 9:36 pm

I traveled on the Carnival Sensation on March 29, 2009 with my son and Mother-in-Law for a 4 night Bahamas cruise.

We arrived at the port about 10:45am. Embarkation was a breeze. It took just minutes to check in. We waited in the terminal for about 30 minutes and were on the ship by 11:30am. We immediately went to buffet for lunch. The fare was Italian and quite delicious!

We were allowed in our stateroom at 1:30pm. We were in an ocean view cabin on the Upper Deck. The cabin was the largest ocean view cabin I have seen at sea. There was plenty of room for the three of us.

Ports: We first arrived in Freeport and took a taxi to Our Lucaya. It is an area of shops, hotels and a wonderful beach. Located between the Sheridan and Westin, Our Lucaya Beach was wonderful. We paid $15 for a beach chair and enjoyed a few hours by the ocean. I would advise taking some water with you because we arrived too early and all the restaurants and shops were closed at that hour.

Our second stop was Nassau. We decided to spend the day at the British Colonial Hilton right around the corner from the Straw Market. It took just a few minutes to walk there. We paid $20 per adult and $10 per child for use of the pool and beach. It was money well spent. The pool was warm and large. They had mats available for use in the pool.

Sea Day: We enjoyed our day at sea by hanging out part of the day at the Sensation's new water park! My son was too young to ride the water slides but still had a blast running around the water park. This was my favorite new addition to the Sensation.

Camp Carnival was the highlight. My 3 year old son never wanted to leave. Everyone was so friendly and I was given a cell phone so they could reach me if needed.

Dining. We had first dining in the Ecstasy Dining room. I found the food to be better than expected and couldn't get enough of the warm melting chocolate cake!! Luckily, it's available every night on the menu.
We ate lunch in the buffet every day. There is a buffet line by the pool that has hot dogs, hamburgers and more. Even a stir-fry area.
At the back of the inside buffet is the pizzeria and a deli. I had hot ruben that was out of this world!!!

Disembarkation: We waited for our time to be called and exited the ship. We immediately found our luggage and were quickly on the way home!

Overall, I was very pleased with the service and food. I would sail the Sensation again!
Back to top Go down
https://cruiseharbor.forumotion.net

Carnival Sensation 3/29/09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Cruise Harbor :: Cruise Reviews :: Carnival-
Jump to: